Many individuals and organizations assist us in our work. Here are just some of the ways you can get involved:
- Located in Central Victoria? Register for your dog to participate in our upcoming studies
- Support us financially – We accept donations to the group or individual projects, please contact us for more information.
- Undertake postgraduate research projects with the group
- Help us share ideas by inviting us to speak at community events
- Volunteer to assist the researchers working in our studies
13 April 2015:
EXCITING PhD OPPORTUNITY IN ANTHROZOOLOGY:
- Are you interested in understanding how psychological factors like motivation and sustained attention affect scent dog performance?
- Do you have a strong academic background in psychology, behavioural neuroscience, ethology, zoology, veterinary science or other related discipline?
- Can you see yourself undertaking a challenging but rewarding PhD project supervised by a team of leading researchers?
- Would you like to spend three years living and working in the wonderful regional Victorian City of Greater Bendigo?
The Anthrozoology Research Group at La Trobe University is interested in psychological factors that make dogs successful in scent based roles, including detection of: endangered or invasive species; medical conditions such as hypoglycaemia and cancer; agricultural problems such as animal and plant diseases. We are offering a three year scholarship of approximately $30,000 tax free per year for a PhD candidate to study these processes using advanced techniques drawn from the fields of psychology and behavioural neuroscience.
To be eligible for this position you MUST hold a first class honours degree in a relevant discipline OR be close to Completing your honours year.
Please contact Associate Professor Pauleen Bennett for additional information.
[email protected] or 03 5444 7460
To learn more about how you can fund or participate in our projects, or for information about postgraduate opportunities, please contact Pauleen Bennett.